You have a hot product. Your ads are generating record-breaking clicks. Then you get to the order.
Are you spending way too much on order fulfillment?
Warehouses are statistically one of the most dangerous places to work, and the added tasks of operating heavy machinery and transporting large objects do not make it safer. In 2017, there were approximately 209,000 non-fatal occupational injuries in the transportation and warehousing industry in the private sector according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor. The even bigger number is the days away from work that still costs company's money when the employee isn't present. In 2017 alone, there were over 20,000 days away from work related to injuries by warehouse workers.
Are you curious about how order fulfillment works?
Are you searching for product fulfillment solutions?
- It is okay to use only your back muscles when lifting an item from ground level.
- When an issue with your equipment is noticed, when should it be locked/tagged out?
- Immediately notify maintenance
- After your done using it
- When someone else is done using it
- The next day
- What should you do with your equipment when needing to evacuate?
- Drive it to the nearest exit
- Drive it until you’re close enough to see the exit, then get off and exit
- Stop, power off, and walk to the nearest exit
- None of the above
- When an incident is bound to happen, you should stay within the running lines at all times.
- You should shuffle your feet and maintain small steps to reduce the risk of a slip/fall incident when walking in icy and/or snowy conditions.
In our daily work, we talk to a lot of small and mid-sized companies about order fulfillment. These days, it’s not unusual for the conversation to turn to Amazon.
Transportation Safety covers all types of vehicles, and includes both occupational and non-occupational hazards associated with them.
Every warehouse & distribution center should have routine safety training before workers' shifts start. Training topics can vary, depending on the operations and activities at a particular location. Here is a suggested calendar of safety training topics throughout the month of November.
Regular maintenance is required to keep all equipment, machines and the work environment safe and reliable at all times in the warehouse. Dangerous situations, accidents and health problems can occur as a result of not conducting proper maintenance checks.